Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lorelei Update :)


Lorelei said Dada today. I’m not sure she knows what she’s saying, but she sure does like to say it. She kept saying, “Dada dada dada dada.” So, I called Kyle to leave him a message, but, of course, as soon as it went to voice mail, she would stop saying it. Little stinker! Then I’d hang up and she’d start all over again!

She also started doing the butt scoot while on the floor and butt jumping on the bed. She can almost get to a standing position when she’s on the bed. She sits up and jumps from her butt. So cute!

It is just so fun to see her progress. She is moving around so much more now. She rolls from her back to her stomach, but forgets she knows how to roll back, gets mad, and cries at me until I roll her over. She can almost crawl. She’ll be in a sitting position, see something she wants, and lean forward until she ends up on her stomach. Her legs start moving, but her tummy is so big that she hasn’t gotten it up off the floor yet. J If I put my hands behind her feet, she does this army crawl thing until she gets to whatever she wants. It is pretty fun.

She LOVES to stand up and LOVES to go for walks around the house. I have to hold her under her arm pits, but she just loves to walk around. The last week she has almost started prancing around the house. She thinks it’s the best thing ever! In fact, if she is sitting close to you, she’ll grab on to your arm or whatever she can grab and try to pull herself up to a standing position.

She also LOVES the mirror. When I walk into the bathroom, she automatically smiles at herself in the mirror. She will sit in front of the mirror and smile at herself for an hour at a time. She loves the baby. I sit her on the counter while I do my hair and make up. I have to be really careful she doesn’t buck herself off the counter, but she loves being in the action and right there with me. She plays with my make up and brush, when I let her, and tries to turn on the water. The handle is shiny and she likes that!

Her FAVORITE toy, as of the last two weeks, is Kyle’s toothbrush. She stole it out of his toiletry bag when he was home one weekend and would cry if you tried to take it away. So, Kyle just gave it to her. It stays in the bathroom and she plays with it while I shower and get ready. Boy does she love that toothbrush! And she doesn’t even have any teeth yet. J

No comments:

Post a Comment