Saturday, March 6, 2010

I RAN a HALF MARATHON!!!

Today I ran a half marathon! That is 13.1 miles!!!! Wow! I ran with Angel and her friend, Katie. It was quite the experience. We ran in Scottsdale, Arizona at the Run for Ryan House race. The thing we weren't expecting was that it was pretty much uphill for the first 6.5 miles. We ran up and then we had to run back down. The announcer at the beginning said, "Just remember, what goes up, must come down!" Ha ha I thought, then we started:( We hadn't trained for uphill, so we went a little bit slower than we wanted to. Our goal was to stick to about 10 minute miles. We were going a little slower on the way up, so had to really kick it into high gear on the way back down. I have never been so grateful for downhill in my life! :)
Then, at the very end when I was about to pass out, Angel sees the finish line up ahead and says, "OK, let's go!" In my mind I'm thinking, "GO? I'm already going. What is she talking about?" Then Angel and Katie start sprinting. It was all I could do just to keep up with them. I sort of saw Kyle to the side with the camera, but could only focus on the finish line. To look at the picture now pretty much epitomizes the race. There I am, huffing and puffing and sweating to death only focused on the finish line, and there's Angel, laughing and smiling at the camera! Ha:)

6 comments:

  1. Jessy, you are amazing and a good example to the rest of us Erickson's to be healthy and endure to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Jessy, YOU GO GIRL! I just caught up on your blogs. Happy Anniversary! Looks like life is wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're proud of you Jessy! And happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! So proud of you!! i look like death when i run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! P.S. I like the new look of your blog! It doesn't seem to update when you do a new blog though..weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Jessy! I am also catching up on all your posts. This is a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete