Friday, October 2, 2009

Cupcakes

So, Jesica and I decided to make these Martha Stewart cupcakes. They looked really cool in the picture and I needed Jesica's help because she has the cake decorating tools... or at least that's all I thought I needed her help for. Boy was I way off! We looked at the recipe for a long time. I thought it was cupcake on the bottom and a cool egg white top, but it turned out that the egg white stuff was the whole cupcake. We used six egg whites and added one and three quarters cup of sugar ONE TABLESPOON at a time beating TWO MINUTES in between. It was a good thing she was there to help! We traded off beating the eggs and adding sugar for over FORTY minutes! Then we spent a lot of time getting them in the cupcake tins. Then we had to cook them for THREE HOURS! Holy Cow!! I did enjoy the finished product. You take the tops off, put whipped cream and raspberry filling in the middle, then put the top back on. They looked pretty great and were a big hit at Kyle's study group.

1 comment: